Greyton was incorporated in August of 1994. Since then, the founder and director, Nigel Thomas, has created a company that provides a specialist service in the building industry and now a leader in the area of passive fire protection. With many years of experience in the field Greyton has built up a high profile clientele and enjoys an excellent reputation.
The environment created by working in a niche market provides the opportunity to focus on quality and expertise which is delivered by our experienced staff.
Passive Fire Protection Scope
- Vermiculite fire spray to structural steel
- Vermiculite fire spray to mechanical ducts
- Vermiculite fire spray to concrete slabs and wall upgrades.
- Fire sealing of all floor and wall penetrations.
- Cladding of steel and ductwork with approved fire rated board systems.
- Design and Construction of fire rated ceilings, floors, bulkheads, cupboards, access panels, hatches, rooms, ducts, plenums, pits and shafts.
- Specialist coatings for cables and steelwork (Intumescent Paint, Cable Coating).
- Fire rated wall and floor jointing, including high movement joints.
- Re-fireproofing following asbestos removal from structural steel and mechanical duct works.
Our work is certified to comply with manufacturers specifications and BCA requirements. Greyton is the only Sydney company licensed for passive fire installation in the domestic and residential wire rise market, our current licenses are displayed on this page. All of the fire rated systems used have been tested to the relevant Australian Standards supported by test certificates, suitable letters of opinion or assessments.
Greyton is a preferred applicator of Isolatek range of products, TBA Textiles, Promat Australia Nullifire, International Paints, Hilti, KBS and Trafalgar Building Products. (references are available). We do, however, use materials from a wide range of suppliers with a view to cost effectiveness and keeping test compliance.
We can assure our clients of competitive pricing, professional service and excellent quality. A list of current clients can be viewed on our web site. Should you require additional references we would be happy to assist you with contact names and numbers.
Some Major Projects include:
- The Ribbon – Grocon – Isolatek Vermiculite spray to structural steel
- North Connex BSA Mechanical – Fire rated duct and structural steel
- West Connex CPB/John Holland – Upgrade to the cut and cover slabs with Fendolite 2 Vermiculite
- North West Rail Link – NRT – Stations: Castle Hill, Showgrounds, Epping, Chatswood, Lady Game Drive, North Ryde. Isolatek, Fendolite to Steel ducts and penetration seals
- Barangaroo, Lend Lease – Inspections intumescent paint, Sealing penetrations
- ICC Hotel, Allstaff Airconditioning – Duct spray, Penetration seals
- University Of New Castle, Hansen Yuncken vermiculite / Intumescent to steel structure
- Northpoint Apartments, FDC Construction vermiculite to structural steel
- Commonwealth Bank, Grocon vermiculite & Intumescent spray to steel structural.
- Star Casino Brookfield Multiplex, Triple M – MUEF, New Hotel
- One Central Park Watpac – Structural Steel fire spray
- Beaconsfield Substations UGL – Sealing penetrations and Roof Upgrade
- 2 Martin Place, Quest Hotel, State Theatre Built Constructions – Structural Steel, penetrations and duct work.
- 8 Chifley Tower Mirvac Constructions – Structural Steel Spray, Sealing service penetrations
- Landmark Tower Spray steel structure Multiplex
- Sydney Opera House Fire seals and Bulkheads Public Works
- Jacksons Landing Steel spray and General fire protection Bovis Lend Lease
- Sydney Airport Domestic and International Bovis Lend Lease
- Olympic Venues – Aquatic Centre, Multi Use Arena, Veladrome and Village Abi Group, Civil and Civic seals and structural steel.
- Sydney Theatre Steel Fire Protection ( paint ) Barclay Mowlem / Built / ABI Group
- Walsh Bay Piers 8/9, 6/7 Steel Fire Protection – Mirvac/Transfield
- CSIRO Triple M, John Holland duct fire spray, penetrations
- Concord Hospital Hansen Yuncken Steel spray, wall upgrades, penetrations
- M5 Tunnel BHBB, Alstom, Haden
- M4 Eastern Distributor Tunnel Leighton, FFE, Alstom
- Cross City Tunnel- BHBB
- Meriton – Most projects duct and steel fire spray
The Director Nigel
Thomas is the founder of Greyton Pty Ltd. He was born in South Africa and grew up in Cape Town. He attended school at the Diocesan College (Bishops) and studied Architecture at the University of Cape town in ’87 and ’88. In 1989 Nigel immigrated to Australia and resumed studies at the University of Technology Sydney and graduated with a Bachelor of Building in Construction Management in 1994. Nigel started his career with Civil and Civic, while studying, on the Hotel Nikko Darling Harbour and the ANA hotel in the Rocks. After working for a small sub-contractor for a year in 1993, Nigel started Greyton in August 1994. The first project was the Olympic Aquatic Centre.
The company name Greyton has very little to do with Passive Fire Protection but rather was borrowed from a small town in the Cape region of South Africa where Nigel spent time growing up. The town consisted of a small farming community but is now more a holiday get away for Capetonians. Greyton is nestled in the shadows of the Overberg Mountains, hence the two mountains in the logo. It has a rich cultural history and was one of the fond memories he brought with him to start a new life in Australia. The village is well worth a visit if you ever venture to South Africa. greytonweekends.co.za